Yoga of Sound and Singing
– Sequence of 4 classes, taught by Sheela Bringi in Los Angeles –
Dates: May 1, 10, 15, 22 (3 monday nights & 1 wednesday night)
Time: 7:30 – 9:00 P.M.
Location: Yoga Shala West in Los Angeles
11271 National Blvd Suite B, 90064
*entrance is in the back, through the parking lot off Sawtelle Blvd.
Cost: $150 early bird ($185 after 4/25)
Register: link below
• all levels welcome, no experience necessary
• empower your voice and cultivate a contemplative sound & singing practice
• enhance your creativity & self-expression
• attune to the healing modes (ragas) of Indian classical music through guided call-and-response singing
• Kirtan & Mantra: calm the mind and open the heart
• increase your capacity to listen deeply through guided sonic meditations
Experience the power of sacred sound. Learn ways to move through tension in your singing and speaking voice. Practice mantras, chants, and devotional songs (kirtan) to connect to the deeper energies of the Great Goddess and Divine Masculine archetypes in Bhakti Yoga (Shiva, Durga, Krishna, etc). This course will help you to cultivate a practice of sound meditation and singing as a means to connect to greater creativity, passion, self-expression and peace of mind. Open to all, no prior musical experience required, just bring your voice!
Save your space by registering below (credit card accepted). Registration fee of $150 is non-refundable.
Sheela Bringi, MFA, holds a Master’s degree in Indian Music from the California Institute of the Arts, and has been teaching harmonium and Raga-based singing and mantra practice to Kirtan leaders, yoga studio owners, and others for the past ten years. For more information on Sheela, please visit: sheelabringi.com/about